Young and old will marvel at the historic Cathar castles and villages. You can discover the rich culture and history of our delightful region. La Villatade is only 15 kilometers from Unesco World Heritage Sites such as the city of Carcassonne and the Canal du Midi with its fascinating locks.
There are numerous cultural and historical sites to visit:
• the Canal du Midi and its locks
• Chateau de Lastours (5 Km)
• Le Gouffre de Cabrespine (10 Km)
• La Grotte de Limousis (5 Km)
• Caunes Minervois and its abbey,
• Minerva Perched on a rocky outcrop, isolated by two gorges (36km)
• Montolieu, the Village of Books and Graphic Arts (33 km)
The beaches of Narbonne and the Abbey of Fontfroide are 45 km away; at 40km Lagrasse and its abbey is one of the most beautiful villages in France. La Montagne Noire is well worth a visit with its beautiful villages such as Aragon, Roquefère, Pradelles and its lake, a cool sanctuary in the heat of summer. The region is still wild and natural and not spoilt by mass tourism.
Aude is one of the French departments (counties) with the largest number of Michelin starred restaurants.